Here is the recap of the 2018 edition of French Touch Dreamin !
You will need no previous knowledge for this session. And you don’t have to worry about Git – you don’t need version control to get started. We got you covered, and we’ll climb the first steps together towards an Admin life that you’ll never want to miss again.
You should attend this talk if you want to know more about:
Utility Bar and Utility Bar API.
How to connect Salesforce to a coffee machine using a Microcontroller.
This talk is a Proof of Concept, to give you inspiration on what different stuff can be done using Utility Bar and various IoT Modules.
Join us to see in a Live Demo that IoT, AI, Chatbot, Natural Language Processing and Voice Command are more than just buzzwords 😉
Like any other modish stuff, as an imperative task, we need to work on strengthening the service layer to ease the connectivity with the modules around. If not, we will end up doing a series of successful proof of concepts and will fall-flat when we adopt this implementation to an end to end operational execution.
As the metadata will keep its XML format, we have to improve our understanding on how can we
* Leverage XML files with code editors as GIT is a bit rusty with them
* Efficiently sync it with GIT as a primary step before moving to DX
Also, find a bunch of things acted as a part of the preparation
* Enforcing an IDE for developers
* Understanding the core concepts of how GIT works, with Salesforce metadata and code files
* Defining and tuning deployment workflow in different scenarios
* Component development workflow
* Conflict resolution for particular metadata types
* Understanding the reason behind DX metadata split formats
* Each field to a separate XML file, this format can change. we can store it differently based on our project
* Managing the conflicts with the tricky profiles and custom labels
* Relevant use of tools like Ant, Gulp, Grunt, Web pack in transforming our source info to build ready with ease
We believe that DX will flex the packaging and deployment process with similar ease as npm. DXifying your salesforce processes isn’t just a collection of utilities but needs a change in mind set.